Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gluten-free, Paleo Coconut Flour Soda Bread

Here is my attempt at a "paleo" irish soda bread. Now I won't even get into the brutal incompatibility of any type of bread with paleolithic eating...


Ingredients


1 cup coconut flour
2 tsp xantham gum
¼ tsp sea salt
1 egg
2 tbsp agave nectar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup grapeseed oil
1 banana
cup water
pinch of caraway seeds

Directions

1. Mix coconut flour, anthem gum, sea salt
2. Add egg, agave nectar, apple cider vinegar, grapeseed oil, banana, and water
3. Mix until starts sticking together and you can form a loaf, knead.
4. Grease pan with grapeseed oil, and add dough
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes




The loaf after I shamelessly ate some before remembering to take a picture...

Verdict: I wasn't a huge fan-- it reminded me a little of bread pudding and didn't rise much (though it is a soda bread). My roommate said she enjoyed it though. (She tends to be far pickier than me). I probably will try this again sometime using more eggs-- and perhaps almond flour instead of coconut flour.



No comments:

Post a Comment